• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved 2 Quick Student Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PattiB_62205

Hi all!
I have 2 questions that I'm hoping someone can help with.
1) Why are there codes in the 2020 CPT book that state "code is out of numerical sequence" instead of just renumbering/resequencing so that you're not jumping all around to find the correct code? What am I missing?

2) The codes designated as Telemedicine--many of them cite an actual in-person face-to-face component. Now I realize that telemedicine via computer/facetime is technically face to face, and accomodations needed to be made for Covid, but the 2020 CPT was published considerably before the outbreak.

Please forgive the newbie if these are the dumbest questions to date, but I'm confused and trying to get a good foothold on all of this.
Thank you in advance

Placing codes out of numerical order allows for clustering of similar procedures, and can help the medical coder find exactly the right procedure code. These out-of-sequence codes typically have a note instructing the coder to flip to the correct code elsewhere in the book.

There were many extra considerations made for medical coding during the Pandemic even with HIPAA as well.

We have an entire thread dedicated to COVID-19 & Telemedicine/Telehealth as well in the CCO Club not here in the free forum.

You can join here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back