• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved 2021 books

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaH_63645

I just received my 2021 books and they are through the AMA. Is there a difference between AMA and AAPC books? Are the AMA books acceptable to take the CPC exam?

The books all contain the same information basically.
CCO uses Carol Buck to teach courses.
AMA owns the CPT whereas the ICD-10-CM is published by a variety of publishers.
You can use the following:
Code books students will need for nearly all AAPC exams*, including AAPC’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam. Included are the AMA CPT® Professional, ICD-10-CM Expert, and HCPCS Level II Expert medical coding books.

Exam Book Bundle 2021 (CPT®, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM)​

ICD-10-CM Code Book 2021
AMA CPT® Professional 2021
HCPCS Level II Expert 2021

Question regarding books: I'm purchasing all my 2022 Books for my FBC Course from Elsevier.. They are showing to have the AMA CPT Manual available. However, The word PART is in the description? (PART - Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) 2022 Professional Edition) is this manual approved and okay to purchase, or should I purchase my AMA CPT 2022 book through AAPC or Optum360? Thank you very much.

I do not see that in the description. Our book link is for the AMA version from Optum.

I do not think Elsevier has the AMA CPT-only ICD.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.24.13 AM.png

The CPT® 2022 Professional Edition codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes and features:

CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations. Provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT® code set.
A comprehensive index. Gives aid in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
Anatomical and procedural illustrations. Helps improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures discussed
Coding tips throughout each section. Improve understanding of the nuances of the code set.
Enhanced codebook table of contents. Enables a quick search of the codebook’s content for quick access.
Section-specific table of contents. Provides a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section’s codes.
Summary of additions, deletions and revisions. Provides a summary and quick reference of the 2022 changes in the codes without having to compare editions.
Multiple appendices. Offers additional information for modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families re-sequenced codes, and MAAAs and PLA services.
New Appendix Q. Provides coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines and their associated administration codes.
New Appendix R. Provides digital medicine services taxonomy.
• Comprehensive E/M code selection tables. Aids physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.

To help combat print piracy, protect AMA intellectual properties, and ensure AMA customers' right to authentic AMA-certified content, the 2022 CPT® Professional is equipped with nonintrusive light-yellow dots on almost every page of the codebook. As a result of the implementation of this anti-piracy technology, this codebook cannot be reproduced by photocopy or scan in accordance with current copyright rules and laws.

I do not see that in the description. Our book link is for the AMA version from Optum.

I do not think Elsevier has the AMA CPT-only ICD.
Correct on both counts. Elsevier does not have the licensing rights to sell the AMA version of the CPT manual. Only Optum360 can sell it. All our CPT links point to Optum360.

Here is what the AMA told us earlier this year:

Starting June 1st, 2021, purchases of AMA published titles will be made through Optum360. This includes the 2021 and 2022 edition of our popular coding books including: CPT Professional, ICD-10, and HCPCS.

Last edited:
Your responses answered my question. I will order my ICD books from Elsevier and CPT from Optum360 :) Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back