• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Unanswered CIC Exam

ElizabethM_88341

BHAT® Cave
Inpatient Blitz
I just completed the CIC Blitz. Although I feel it was very helpful, the references to the exam are outdated. It is now only available online, 40 multiple choice questions and 7 case studies. When I took the CPC many years ago it was on paper. The fact this is online only, and we are NOT allowed scratch paper terrifies me. Has anyone else taken the test and can they give me any insight?

I just completed the CIC Blitz. Although I feel it was very helpful, the references to the exam are outdated. It is now only available online, 40 multiple choice questions and 7 case studies. When I took the CPC many years ago it was on paper. The fact this is online only, and we are NOT allowed scratch paper terrifies me. Has anyone else taken the test and can they give me any insight?
Hi Elizabeth! I haven't taken the CIC exam yet, but I have taken the CPC & CPB online. I did the at-home version of both, and AAPC changed providers between my 2 exams so I had one exam under each provider. LOL I actually liked the at-home online testing...I have anxiety & ADHD, so being at home was fabulous. I didn't run into any questions where I felt I needed scratch paper, but I was worried that it wasn't allowed. I wonder if you could contact AAPC and ask if you could have a piece of scratch paper as an accommodation? I know the list of rules they send prior to the exam list "instructor specific items", and you have to show the proctor everything in the room, on your desk, etc. Might be worth checking out. I hope this helps a little bit! Let me know if you have questions I might be able to answer! :)

Back