• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved CPC, unemployed, Planning to study CRC

SmilaK_71677

Free CRC Exam
Hi
I am a new CPC, medical graduate, with no job experience, waiting for work permit. In the meanwhile, I would like to study for CRC from CCO. I wanted to know if my inexperience will make the study a difficult process. Also, after reading the syllabus, I am confused if this is my forte. Any suggestions would help me.
Thank you.

Hi Smila! We've had many students get their CRC first then their CPC so I think you'd be fine. What's great about the CRC is you're focused on diagnostic coding so will only be in the one manual. Makes it easier to focus. And if you got your CPC that likely means you've had medical terminology.

The best person to speak with his Alicia - our Senior Instructor as she has done CRC coding and loves it! Here is a link to schedule a pre-sales call Schedule a Call (cco.us)

Hi! I know we spoke on FB chat this morning but here is a couple of vids I did not share with you that may be helpful to you.

Thanks for Posting.

Hi Smila! We've had many students get their CRC first then their CPC so I think you'd be fine. What's great about the CRC is you're focused on diagnostic coding so will only be in the one manual. Makes it easier to focus. And if you got your CPC that likely means you've had medical terminology.

The best person to speak with his Alicia - our Senior Instructor as she has done CRC coding and loves it! Here is a link to schedule a pre-sales call Schedule a Call

The best person to speak with his Alicia - our Senior Instructor as she has done CRC coding and loves it! Here is a link to schedule a pre-sales call Schedule a Call (cco.us)
Thank for the feedback. I shall schedule soon.

Hi! I know we spoke on FB chat this morning but here is a couple of vids I did not share with you that may be helpful to you.

Thanks for Posting.

Thank you for the resources. I am certain that these educative videos will clear my confusion.

I usually tell people that if they have a significan't medical background you can do the CRC first. It covers one code set like Laureen stated. However, the CPC will get you a CRC job. It allows for more diversity in job opportunties. Then you can pick up the CRC. There are a few things you need to feel comfortable in to do the CRC:
1. Disease process
2. Anatomy/Terminology
3. Pharmocology

Back