• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved CRC Course Before All Else?

AmandaM_58400

Can someone complete the CRC course and test before having done anything else? I tried taking the CPC course through AAPC, but life got in the way and I had to stop after the first chapter. I enjoy looking at and through the ICD-10 cm book. The CPT book, what little I glanced through didn't appear to be my cup of tea. Are there people out there like me, that went strait to CRC with no prior experience in the field? My intent is to see how I handle this course, and then supplement later with anatomy/physiology, and other certs as I can afford them.

Thanks in advance.

Alicia made a video on this topic.

There are coders who are CRC's only as you do not have to be a CPC first.
The credentials are similar but the focus is different.
CPC is a core credential which most coders acquire first usually as it gives a base for all other credentials.
I am a CPC studying for the CIC & I am glad to have that base knowledge or I may not understand the course as well if I had not had done a CPC course first as the focus is inpatient & a CPC focus is Physician & COC credential is outpatient for example.
The focus of a coding course is based on the rules surrounding that type of coding. The CPC is a base core credential so the teaching is from square 1 the CRC course for example the time is not spent as much on teaching you how to code as much as teaching you about the rules surrounding Risk Adjustment coding.

Whatever course you choose CCO will be here to help you through.

CCO is having a sale now save 30% off the RA course! https://www.cco.us/flashsale/

Back