• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Does anyone have the Buck ICD-10-CM Physician manual? If so, question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the Buck ICD-10-CM Hospital version and wondered if someone with the Physician version could answer a question for me. In the Tabular, for Chapter 21 Z codes, all the Z codes listed in the Chapter-specific Guidelines for Chapter 21 under #16 - Z Codes That May Only Be Principal/First-Listed Diagnosis have an icon beside them which corresponds to the legend at the bottom of the page as "unacceptable as a principal/first-listed diagnosis" This icon indicates a direct conflict with the Guidelines. I am assuming this is because I have the Hospital version, but I find this very annoying/confusing. Just wondering if in the Tabular of the Physician version, if these Z codes listed in the Guidelines under #16 are marked as unacceptable in the Tabular, too?

I do not have a Bucks so I will leave this thread unanswered but here is a thread I did on Z Codes.

https://www.cco.community/threads/z-codes.5918/

Z Codes as Principal, First-listed Diagnosis​

Some Z codes are reported only as a primary diagnosis. ICD-10-CM guidelines list which Z codes are reportable only as the first listed diagnosis, with exception (Note: Italics are added for emphasis, bold text is in the original guidelines):
The following Z codes/categories may only be reported as the principal/first-listed diagnosis, except when there are multiple encounters on the same day and the medical records for the encounters are combined:
Z00 Encounter for general examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis
Except: Z00.6
Encounter for examination for normal comparison and control in clinical research program
Z01 Encounter for other special examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis
Z02 Encounter for administrative examination
Z03 Encounter for medical observation for suspected diseases and conditions ruled out
Z04 Encounter for examination and observation for other reasons
Z33.2 Encounter for elective termination of pregnancy
Z31.81 Encounter for male factor infertility in female patient
Z31.82 Encounter for Rh incompatibility status
Z31.83 Encounter for assisted reproductive fertility procedure cycle
Z31.84 Encounter for fertility preservation procedure
Z34 Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy
Z39 Encounter for maternal postpartum care and examination
Z38 Liveborn infants according to place of birth and type of delivery
Z40 Encounter for prophylactic surgery
Z42 Encounter for plastic and reconstructive surgery following medical procedure or healed injury
Z51.0 Encounter for antineoplastic radiation therapy
Z51.1- Encounter for antineoplastic chemotherapy and immunotherapy
Z52 Donors of organs and tissues
Except: Z52.9 Donor of unspecified organ or tissue
Z76.1 Encounter for health supervision and care of foundling
Z76.2 Encounter for health supervision and care of other healthy infant and child
Z99.12 Encounter for respirator [ventilator] dependence during power failure

The physicians version has this as well. Tell me please an example of how the code conflict with the guidelines. I would appreciate knowing so we can do education regarding this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back