• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved How to Appropriately Code a Patient that Has a Positive (ER/PR/HER2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnaA_16709

I have a question pertain to breast cancer. Is there any by chance that you know where can I find guidelines/fact on how to appropriately code a patient that has a positive (ER/PR/HER2). For example patient has HER2 positive and completed surgical excision and have completed chemotherapy for almost 4 years and she still on tamoxifene hormonal therapy. Thank you in advance.

The best person to ever explain this is Sheri Poe Bernard. Her AMA text we actually use for our Risk Adjustment course. Risk Adjustment Documentation & Coding. ISBN 978-1-62202-733-0 You can pick it up on Amazon. I hyper linked it on the ISBN#

The answer to your question though is this. Does your pt have CA? No, they are taking the medication to prevent it from coming back. Unless the provider states otherwise.

I am sure we did a video on this in our YouTube Channel or have more information in the CLUB. I will try to find it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back