• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved I passed the CPC exam :)

RobinO_83430

BHAT® Cave
PBC Course
Medical Coding Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
CPC Exam (Ruby)
CPC Exam (Topaz)
CPC Exam (Sapphire)
I passed the CPC exam on December 9, 2023
Thanks CCO, your lectures and Blitz and BHAT techniques is what I used to prepare. Great info on what to expect on the exam. This program is worth the investment. I did not know how to code at all 6 months ago.

You did it in 6 months. That is awesome. I love that statement: This program is worth the investment. I did not know how to code at all 6 months ago.

Wow - speedy gonzales! Way to go. Did you take the in-person exam or the online one?

I passed the CPC exam on December 9, 2023
Thanks CCO, your lectures and Blitz and BHAT techniques is what I used to prepare. Great info on what to expect on the exam. This program is worth the investment. I did not know how to code at all 6 months ago.
That's an amazing accomplishment, Robin! Congratulations!!

You did it in 6 months. That is awesome. I love that statement: This program is worth the investment. I did not know how to code at all 6 months ago.
Thank you! Your lectures were very helpful to me. I am planning to keep using the class and mark up my 2024 book when it arrives!

Wow - speedy gonzales! Way to go. Did you take the in-person exam or the online one?
Thank you. I had the anatomy and medical terminology down pretty good with my medical background (IR RN) so that helped for sure. I took the in person. I am glad I saw the tip somewhere to bring earplugs, I used it.

What an awesome accomplishment — congratulations! What are your next steps?
Thank you. I am planning to do the Practicode with AAPC while I look for some local or remote place looking to hire a coder without experience. Everywhere I have looked so far, including the hospitals system I currently work for, requires experienced coders.
WOW! From beginner to coder in 6 months is huge accomplishment! Congrats on passing, Robin!!

Don't forget to officially let us know at http://www.cco.us/passed-the-exam/

Any tips for future exam takers?

Thank you. My advice is to take the practice exams and use the BHAT.
My technique for the exam need to be faster, since it is timed and I was too slow. I took at the answers, see the common codes in all of them and look those up, read all the "exceptions" which will eliminate some answer choices and then go for most specific without being redundant. Also, do the practice test and go over the ones you get wrong by looking it up and seeing why you thought that. I hope that works for other people, its an overwhelming amount of info for me as a beginner.

Thanks. Your lecture videos are great!! I listened to all of them.

Back