• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved I PASSED The CPC online Exam 1st Try! Here's what it was like.

HeatherG_64463

I am beyond thrilled right now! I took the online CPC exam on the 9th and 10th of December - and passed with a 91%! =)

The online aspect went very smoothly. I did not run into any of the issues I have read from others regarding the moderators - that may have been my set up, or just preparation I gleaned from other students.
~ Log into Examity from Blackboard 15 minutes prior to your appointment time - the system won't let you sign in before that. 15 minutes, that's it. This starts the connection process, which can take upwards of those entire 15 mins (mine took about 7 one day and 5 the next).
~ Once the system connects, you'll get a 'next' button that will take you to the Proctor, either via Zoom or Go To Meeting. I had both, one on each test day. The program will prompt to download, if you need it, requiring you to give permissions, etc. At one point you will be asked to allow the proctor to control your computer, where they will impute the password for the test. It's quick.
~ As for the rest of the set up, it's no big deal. They verify your photo ID (have it ready), read the rules, ask you to fan your books, scan the room SLOWLY - the walls, the desk, the floor - then get the camera placed where they can see your face, keyboard and about 10 inches or so around you. I had it set on a small tripod balanced on a chair to the right of me, slightly in the front, though the official advice is to place it slightly behind you.
~ One note, on day 2, during the set up process with the Proctor, something happened and Zoom disconnected. If this happens to you, hit that little yellow button on the bottom right to chat with Examity. They were able to verify me, and gave me the Session ID to reconnect, the proctor was still waiting, 15 minutes later, and we just resumed as if nothing happened. Thank god.
~ The tests themselves were MUCH easier than the practice tests here on CCO. I have read that they go in the order of the book, but I found mine rather mixed in order, though the 10 question or so chunks DID seem to stay in that section - E/M, 3000, etc.
~ Part 1 was HEAVY on ICD-10-CM guidelines. Part 2 had more medical terminology as well as anatomy questions.
~ I didn't run into more than one spinal question and cardiac caths were atypical as well (one was actually about the anesthesia for it, and the other simply asked a question about Appendix L).
~ Aside from dehydration, the Medicine section didn't feature any questions that I would consider 'typical' - areas focused on in Practice tests, etc. They seemed more interested in knowing that you would read the guidelines for that section.... like CCO pointed out here, they already know you know how to look up a code.

All in all, it was a great experience - and I got the results back incredibly fast! I took the last bit yesterday and woke up this morning to my results already on AAPC.

Good LUCK! This course is worth it, especially BHAT! I liked the Blitz, but that BHAT? Yeah, having my books decked out made things SOOO much easier!

I am beyond thrilled right now! I took the online CPC exam on the 9th and 10th of December - and passed with a 91%! =)

The online aspect went very smoothly. I did not run into any of the issues I have read from others regarding the moderators - that may have been my set up, or just preparation I gleaned from other students.
~ Log into Examity from Blackboard 15 minutes prior to your appointment time - the system won't let you sign in before that. 15 minutes, that's it. This starts the connection process, which can take upwards of those entire 15 mins (mine took about 7 one day and 5 the next).
~ Once the system connects, you'll get a 'next' button that will take you to the Proctor, either via Zoom or Go To Meeting. I had both, one on each test day. The program will prompt to download, if you need it, requiring you to give permissions, etc. At one point you will be asked to allow the proctor to control your computer, where they will impute the password for the test. It's quick.
~ As for the rest of the set up, it's no big deal. They verify your photo ID (have it ready), read the rules, ask you to fan your books, scan the room SLOWLY - the walls, the desk, the floor - then get the camera placed where they can see your face, keyboard and about 10 inches or so around you. I had it set on a small tripod balanced on a chair to the right of me, slightly in the front, though the official advice is to place it slightly behind you.
~ One note, on day 2, during the set up process with the Proctor, something happened and Zoom disconnected. If this happens to you, hit that little yellow button on the bottom right to chat with Examity. They were able to verify me, and gave me the Session ID to reconnect, the proctor was still waiting, 15 minutes later, and we just resumed as if nothing happened. Thank god.
~ The tests themselves were MUCH easier than the practice tests here on CCO. I have read that they go in the order of the book, but I found mine rather mixed in order, though the 10 question or so chunks DID seem to stay in that section - E/M, 3000, etc.
~ Part 1 was HEAVY on ICD-10-CM guidelines. Part 2 had more medical terminology as well as anatomy questions.
~ I didn't run into more than one spinal question and cardiac caths were atypical as well (one was actually about the anesthesia for it, and the other simply asked a question about Appendix L).
~ Aside from dehydration, the Medicine section didn't feature any questions that I would consider 'typical' - areas focused on in Practice tests, etc. They seemed more interested in knowing that you would read the guidelines for that section.... like CCO pointed out here, they already know you know how to look up a code.

All in all, it was a great experience - and I got the results back incredibly fast! I took the last bit yesterday and woke up this morning to my results already on AAPC.

Good LUCK! This course is worth it, especially BHAT! I liked the Blitz, but that BHAT? Yeah, having my books decked out made things SOOO much easier!
Congrats Heather! Awesome score!! Thanks for sharing your experience. It will really help those sitting for their exam soon!

Thank you so much for all the details. Happy job hunting. Whoever hires you will be very lucky to have you.

Back