• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved I Passed the Online CPC Exam!

AmieM_60662

I just got my results from the online CPC exam I took on Tuesday and Thursday. I passed with a 90%! This course was a huge help to me! The videos presented the material in an easy to understand manner. Also, taking timed practice exams made a huge difference!

However, I would recommend that people take the exam in person instead of online, if possible! For both of my test sessions, I had to keep readjusting my webcam for the proctors for almost an hour before I could start the exam. This made the whole experience very stressful and emotionally draining!

Anyway, thanks so much CCO! I learned so much in the course and I am so happy I found your organization!

Fabulous news! Also, thanks for the feedback on the testing online experience. I know there are lots of people concerned about this. I also heard that camera adjusting for testing was a problem.

So glad you are a part of CCO and I can‘t wait to follow your career.

Thank you so much, Laureen! The BHAT technique was extremely helpful for me when I took the exam. I was able to the select the correct codes from the answers in a short amount of time, because of it.

Congratulations Amie! That's great news!

For the online exam, can we use the webcam that's on the laptop or we need to get another webcam so they can see the laptop screen as well?

Please read this thread on the AAPC online exam.

So when they say "external", they basically mean a USB webcam that is connected to your PC/Laptop via a cable and capable of being moved around to show everything. If you plan on using your laptop's built-in webcam, that will not be accepted per their requirements. I also doubt you will be able to use an iPhone, iPad or smartphone as an external camera. Everything I'm reading clearly points towards a USB webcam that connects to the same computer where you will be testing.

Please read this thread on the AAPC online exam.

So when they say "external", they basically mean a USB webcam that is connected to your PC/Laptop via a cable and capable of being moved around to show everything. If you plan on using your laptop's built-in webcam, that will not be accepted per their requirements. I also doubt you will be able to use an iPhone, iPad or smartphone as an external camera. Everything I'm reading clearly points towards a USB webcam that connects to the same computer where you will be testing.

Thank you so much Lori! That was very helpful.

I just got my results from the online CPC exam I took on Tuesday and Thursday. I passed with a 90%! This course was a huge help to me! The videos presented the material in an easy to understand manner. Also, taking timed practice exams made a huge difference!

However, I would recommend that people take the exam in person instead of online, if possible! For both of my test sessions, I had to keep readjusting my webcam for the proctors for almost an hour before I could start the exam. This made the whole experience very stressful and emotionally draining!

Anyway, thanks so much CCO! I learned so much in the course and I am so happy I found your organization!
Congratulations I plan on taking the online exam in December. Will keep that in mind about the webcam.

Amie, Aside from the web cam issue, did you find it hard to mark your questions to come back to? I know it is advised to put one dot and two dots corresponding with difficulty of the question. Just wondered if there is a way to do this with the online exam?

Amie, Aside from the web cam issue, did you find it hard to mark your questions to come back to? I know it is advised to put one dot and two dots corresponding with difficulty of the question. Just wondered if there is a way to do this with the online exam?
The one dot-two dot strategy can be used during the online exam. You can write the question number along with difficulty on the whiteboard you're allowed to bring to the exam. So try to get a fine-point dry-erase pen. As you complete questions, erase them from the whiteboard.

You can also skip questions during a Session and return to them later in the same Session. (The online exam takes 2 separate sessions to complete. Some people schedule the sessions the same day, some people schedule them on different days.) So if you're in Session 1, you can skip questions and go back all you like during the Session 1 exam. You cannot return to Session 1 questions if you're currently working in Session 2.

Again, some "out of the box" thinking will let you apply the existing techniques to the online exam.

Thank you! I think I’ll be more at ease taking it at home. I’m wondering if getting a desk mounted adjustable tripod for my web cam or a floor model tripod might temedy the problems one might have with positioning the web cam to capture everything required?

Thank you! I think I’ll be more at ease taking it at home. I’m wondering if getting a desk mounted adjustable tripod for my web cam or a floor model tripod might temedy the problems one might have with positioning the web cam to capture everything required?
Most of the reviews have suggested that proctors like to have the webcam beside you or slightly behind you so they can see your hands, the screen, the table and the surrounding area. A desktop tripod may or may not work depending on your layout. Some have used an extra table with books to get the positioning right. Check our Unofficial FAQ for details.

Back