• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Passed the CPC exam! (plus info on the test experience)

SarahV_82312

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
PBC Course
ICD-10-CM Course
Medical Coding Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
CPC Exam (Ruby)
CPC Exam (Topaz)
CPC Exam (Sapphire)
I passed the CPC exam with a 90%!

I took the exam at local in-person site. I brought earplugs with me and they also provided noise cancelling headphones.

I was expecting the questions to be mixed up like they are in the practice tests here, but they were divided by section. It was really nice to focus on one body system at a time until I got to the cases at the end. I was able to flag questions to come back to later and skip if I needed to. The testing system also provided a note pad that saved your notes between questions. There was a timer that was visible but not distracting so I could make sure I was okay on time during the exam.

When I was finished and submitted my answers the screen said I had to wait 7-10 days to get my results. I was DREADING this wait, but I got an email just a couple hours later saying my results had been posted!

Overall a good experience and I can't wait to get started on real-life coding! :)

Sarah this is wonderful news and everyone is going to apprecaite you take on the exam experience. When you were able to flag the questions you could come back to later, how did that work? Were you able to put an icon on them? Also, the notepad, was it a pop up or did it split the screen for you?

Getting your results that fast is huge! What a relief. It allows you to rest knowing you did it!

Sarah this is wonderful news and everyone is going to apprecaite you take on the exam experience. When you were able to flag the questions you could come back to later, how did that work? Were you able to put an icon on them? Also, the notepad, was it a pop up or did it split the screen for you?

Getting your results that fast is huge! What a relief. It allows you to rest knowing you did it!
When you flag questions it changed the color of the viewed question to orange rather than white for the viewed/answered questions. To see how many questions were left overall and see the flagged or skipped questions, you just click on the section at the top saying which section/question you were currently on - 20000 series Question 6/10 for example. You can click on any question number to jump to it from there.

The notepad split the screen which was nice. The only issue I had was when it came to the case questions, the medical record was in the same area as the notes so I wasn't able to view both. It wasn't a huge issue but would have been nice to be able to access both at the same time.

Very helpful informatin. I can picture it in my head. From the feedback I am getting it seems the testing center is much better then in the home with the proctors being outsourced.

I took the exam at local in-person site. I brought earplugs with me and they also provided noise cancelling headphones.

I was expecting the questions to be mixed up like they are in the practice tests here, but they were divided by section. It was really nice to focus on one body system at a time until I got to the cases at the end. I was able to flag questions to come back to later and skip if I needed to. The testing system also provided a note pad that saved your notes between questions. There was a timer that was visible but not distracting so I could make sure I was okay on time during the exam.

When I was finished and submitted my answers the screen said I had to wait 7-10 days to get my results. I was DREADING this wait, but I got an email just a couple hours later saying my results had been posted!

Overall a good experience and I can't wait to get started on real-life coding! :)

That's a great score, Sarah!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your testing experience.

Back