• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Standby Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Robyn Blinky asked:

Dr provides standby service from 8pm-1015pm for C section for total of 2.25 hours. Code for standby service.

A. 99360x3
B. 99360x4

I selected B. Mock test stated my answer was wrong. It stated A was answer and rationale provided was confusing to me. If the code states each 30 minutes would B not be the answer for the full 2 hours. I understand why the 15 minutes isnt coded.

Can someone provide clarity?
Thank you!
Robyn

Answer:

JoAnne Sheehan wrote:

The time is 8:00 to 8:30 (1 unit) 8:30-9:00 (1 unit) 9:00 -9:30 (1 unit) 9:30-10:00 (1 unit) 10:00-10:15 (NO units). Answer should be 99360 x 4. Answer is B. Can you tell me where you got this mock question so that it can be corrected if it is from our site?

Guidelines:
*Code 99360 is used to report the total duration of time spent on a given date on standby- each 30 minutes. Standby service of less than 30 minutes total duration on a given date is not reported separately.

Second and subsequent periods of standby beyond the first 30 minutes may be reported only if a full 30 minutes of standby was provided for each unit of service reported.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back