• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Upcoming exam and job questions

BrookeH_76607

BHAT® Cave
Risk Adjustment Blitz
Free CRC Exam
Hi everyone!

I am new to the coding world and decided to skip out on doing the CPC first and went straight for the CRC. (I was an RN years ago so the medical part wasn’t hard for me). Anyhow- I am set to take my CRC exam this month and am wondering the best way to look for remote CRC jobs when I am not a CPC. When I chose this avenue I didn’t know much about coding but risk adjustment and auditing just seemed to fit with me, and I am pursuing my CPMA after this.

Any ideas or pointers would be welcome I haven’t seen many posts that people get into this without doing CPC first…

The CPC is a core credential that provides base knowledge for coding is why it is usually recommended new coders start with it.

Here are some videos on this topic.

https://www.cco.community/threads/get-hired.4092/

How to Get Your First Job in Medical Coding
Looking for a Job in Medical Coding Can Be Stressful
That’s why we set out to create a simple guide that showcases exactly what employers want. The more inside information you have, the more confident and comfortable you will be. “Get Your First Job in Medical Coding” provides you with…
  • Tips for writing a cover letter and resume.
  • Insider secrets on acing an interview.
  • A peek behind the curtain to find out what employers are really looking for in a potential medical coding candidate.
All this information is based on real-life interviews with medical coders, healthcare recruiters and more. These are the people who are hiring people like you and they share specific information about what will land you that first medical coding interview.
https://www.cco.us/download/Get-Your-First-Job-in-Medical-Coding.pdf

Thank you! Yes i definitely plan on getting that and getting my CPMA. There was just something about auditing and risk adjustment that fit my personality. I think if I had no medical background I definitely would have started with the CPC. My exam is December 29 for my CRC, I’m trying to prepare the best I can! :)

Good luck!

Here is the link to CRC practice exams.

Back