• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Unanswered AAPC Exam 2024

GeorgiaF_77434

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
PBC Course
MTA Course
Medical Coding Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
Free CPC Exam
CPC Exam (Ruby)
CPC Exam (Topaz)
CPC Exam (Sapphire)
Hi
I scheduled my CPC exam for an online test- Last Friday 9/27/24. I spent 3 hours on the phone and chat, with the exam team (between AAPC and their outsourced testing platform Meazure Learning) because the Meazure Learning system (Guardian web browser) couldn't connect to their server.
My computer was tested by the Meazure Learning tech team to make sure their weren't any issues from my side, causing the inability to connect with the proctor to proceed with the test. I was told all was good on my end (FYI I have used my computer several times with Meazure Learning in the past and never had any issues, so I already knew my computer/internet was fine)
I was not able to ever get connected and AAPC representative stated they would review my issue and get back to me on setting up a new test day.
On the following Monday I received an email from AAPC stating I was approved to reschedule my test, but I needed to pay an additional $100.00 if I ended up needing to use my second test attempt. (I already purchased when I initially paid for the exam testing)
So basically, AAPC is making me pay an additional $100.00 (potentially) because the Meazure Learning server was down.
I asked AAPC why, when it wasn't my fault- and was told their report shows my computer didn't have enough CPU usage. ??? WHAT!!
So has anyone else had this experience? or the blatant lying?
I am just so disappointed in AAPC and Meazure Learning- I mean, why would I spend 3 hours trying to take a test if it was something wrong on my end or why was I told everything was fine on my computer when they checked it? ) I don't know, just scratching my head over this? LOL
I hope I pass the CPC exam so I don't have to pay an extra $100.00 for something that was clearly not my fault.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance .

Oh wow - I'm so sorry you experienced that! I hope others will respond. I have not personally heard of that situation.

But the fees are one of the main reasons I'm a big supporter of QPro.com.

I had not heard this happening to anyone else however it would be something I would feel very frustrated if it had happened to me. I am curious to hear if anyone else had to go through a similiar situation. AMBA is an amazing orgnaization. You are going to feel very supported through them.

Thank you all for your response. I will check out the AMBA! I am going to attempt to take my test Sunday- Wish me luck.
I will let you know how it goes this time. But so far, not a good experience with AAPC.

Well good news is I was able to take the test this time and I passed the CPC exam!! Yippie!! ...However, I had yet another bad experience, with Meazure Learning Platform. My test time was at 10:40 am. I didn't take the exam until 3:00 PM- Same exact experience as before- Couldn't connect to their server error- and a new issue- the exam proctor couldn't see me on my webcam- (My computer and equipment was tested 4 times and each time passed- nothing wrong on my end) After I spent 4 1/2 hours working with the Meazure Learning team (exam proctors and IT tech's) ....finally the last exam proctor figured out what the issue was- She took me off of their browsers (Guardian) and logged me in to a different browsers....and then I was able to take the exam!! :)

Back