• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Aneurysmal dilatation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaG_12642

When you see, "Aneurysmal dilatation of the ascending thoracic aorta," is this the same as aneurysm? I have been trying to find the answer for this for quite a while and cannot seem to.

When I put in dilatation into 3M, it takes me to aorta and then the options are "with aneurysm" and once I click on that I can choose thoracic and it gives me I712 Thoracic aortic aneurysm, without rupture," but I am not sure if aneurysm is the same as aneurysmal dilatation. So if I go back and instead of clicking on "with aneurysm," I click on thoracic it gives me I77810 Thoracic aortic ectasia

An aneurysm is a blood vessel dilation, where the artery or vein swells to an abnormal size.

In adults, an ascending aortic diameter greater than 4 cm is considered to indicate dilatation.

Aneurysmal dilatation is considered when the ascending aortic diameter reaches or exceeds 1.5 times the expected normal diameter (equal to or greater than 5 cm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back