• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

CPC And E/M

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Katie Daniels asked:

Hello;

I had a question regarding how Evaluation and Management is handled on the CPC exam. When I was taking my initial coding course; my instructor had told me that on the CPC; they give you the components (ex: problem focused history; problem focused exam; straightforward medical decision making etc.); and then you choose the code based on what they give you by leveling; meets or exceeds and so on. Are you tested on the steps to get to the problem focused history; exam; and MDM? Like going over the ROS; DMO etc.?

Also; evaluation and management has always been a huge struggle for me; and I cannot seem to wrap my head around it. If the case above about the CPC is true; I think I will be fine. But; I was wondering if there were some practice E/M questions out there just in case.

Any information is greatly appreciated : )

Answer:

There are 10 E/M questions and most likely 8/10 will give you the levels of the HEM. Possibly 2 questions you may need to figure out the level of either the History; Exam or MDM.

Have you done the HEM exercises yet in the Blitz? Very helpful in understanding the process along with the video lectures on E/M. Be sure to write the History table and Exam table in your CPT book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back