• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

CPT Code Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sharon Karonias asked:

There are 2 CPT codes for Myelomeningocele repair. One code (63704) indicates <5 cm; the other code (63706) indicates >5 cm. My question is which code do you use if the scenario would state a 5 cm Myelomeningocele repair??? I have researched extensively and cannot find any source which answers this -is there a guideline I am missing?? .. can someone address this and indicate which code I would use and why. Thanks!

Answer:

Answer #1: would go with the 63706. Find-a-code agrees with me per it is Common Language Description "...Use 63704 if the defect is less than 5 cm in diameter; use 63706 if it is 5 cm or larger."

Followup Question: I am sorry but I do not know what you mean by "Common Language Description???" I tried to look this up but cannot find anything on this - help!

Followup Answer: it is a feature of Find-A-Code from Decision Health - they have a laymans way of describing the official codes. I took that quote from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back