• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved I passed my CPC exam

MindyD_81543

BHAT® Cave
PBC Course
MTA Course
Medical Coding Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
CPC Exam (Ruby)
CPC Exam (Topaz)
CPC Exam (Sapphire)
I got an 85% on my CPC exam. I had been studying full-time since April beginning with the medical terminology class- I did not come from a medical background. Once I completed all the chapters in the coding book, and all the chapters in the AAPC review book I began taking quizzes. I used the exams here in CCO and exams I purchased from AAPC. I was NOT scoring high when I first started taking the practice exams- I was scoring in the 60's. But every time i took one I got a little better. The highest I ever scored on one was a 73%. After each practice test, I would go through and look at the ones I got wrong, figure out what I did and commit it to memory. My scores went up little by little, but never got over 73%. I decided to take the test to gauge how hard it was and to see where I landed.

On the day of the test, I looked at all the questions before I started. Honestly, they were all about the same length so I just did them in order. At the end, I had about 25 minutes left, so I used that time to go back and check questions that I had circled. I USED ALL OF MY TIME. It helped that I could write in the test booklet. Most people brought water bottles and mints and that was fine. I got my results back within days, which was very nice.

Congrats on passing and thanks for adding the experience you went through, Mindy!!

Don't forget to officially let us know at http://www.cco.us/passed-the-exam/

And if you would like to help us spread the word about CCO, we would greatly appreciate it. Here is a link to leave a review for others to see:

Back