• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Modifiers Tc And 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rebecca Jaeger asked:

I am in the Radioloy video in the Blitz course. I have done the BHAT technique and on pages 478-480 there is the Radiation Treatment Delivery section. The BHAT pdf for this section has us putting the modifier TC and PC for modifier 26 next to many codes in this section. However after watching the video for this section in the Blitz radiology section it was said that for this section we do not use modifier TC or 26 for these codes. Was that by chance a mistake? I posted this to the forum a couple days ago and have not received an answer. Now I am in the Medicine section and have finished the BHAT technique and I am watching the Blitz video. I am running into the same issue. The BHAT PDF has us putting TC and PC for 26 modifier next to several codes in this section on pages 630-632; 638; 639; 660; 663. Again while watching the video for this section the instructor said that we are not to use TC or 26 modifier with these codes. So I need to know if we were supposed to use these
modifiers or not with these codes. The guidelines dont say. I take my CPC in a week and need this clarified so I can fix the annotations in my CPT book. Thank you!!

Answer:

Tiffany Baca wrote:

The "TC" for the radiology section pages 478-480 just means that it is a technical component and nothing to do with the modifier TC and the codes with PC next to the codes means that it is just a professional component and nothing to do with the modifier PC. On page 469 of your 2018 manual; there is a table with the codes ref on pages 478-480 and it says whether it is a technical or professional component; meaning the code type and not the modifier.

Same as with the codes on pages 630-632; 638-639; and 663. The TC just means it is the technical component and PC professional component and nothing to do with the TC or PC modifiers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back