• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

New Books...I Am Wondering What Is The Main Difference Between The ICD-10-CM/PCS & HCPCS; Professional Vs Expert Editions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Katrina Brown asked:

I see there is a bit of cost difference; and I do know that you can only use the CPT expert for the exam; and the PCS book is not required for the CPC exam....however for the other books; I am trying to decided if I should order the Expert or the Professional edition....They are both AMA publishers....I see the Expert on the AAPC site; and the Professionals on Amazon; both are 2019.....

I like graphs so does one have more graphs than the other? or better break down?

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1622027736>

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1622027752>

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1622027795>

This shows the Professional edition... I called AAPC and the lady there had no clue what the differences are...she did not even know the professional books existed till I showed her on Amazon..

Answer:

**The differences for Expert are explained in Amazons description (see red below). Also; please do not post Amazon affiliate links.**

**HCPCS 2019 Level II Expert**

Accurately report supplies and services for physician; hospital outpatient; and ASC settings with the **_2019 HCPCS Level II Expert._** Use this comprehensive reference for the HCPCS code set that focuses on management of reimbursement. This user-friendly book will guide any coder confidently through current modifiers; code changes; additions and deletions with information as dictated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).

**Key Features and Benefits:** **Exclusive to the Expert edition:**

**Most complete HCPCS code set available.** Find information on codes from sources that generate HCPCS codes; including CMS; OPPS addendum B; and the Medicare fee schedule.

**Table of Drugs.** Locate both generic and brand-name drugs and their corresponding codes based on the amount and route of administration.

**Glossary of terms.** Increase your understanding of HCPCS codes to improve coding accuracy.

**Access to Medically Unlikely Edits (MUE).** Improve accuracy of claims by ensuring compliance with the CMS program through easy access to codes and their associated MUE units.

**Special appendixes.** Get additional information; such as the deleted codes crosswalk.

**Medicare Average Payment Table.** Access this Medicare table online for a baseline for payment rates.

**Professional and all editions include the traditional hallmark features:**

**Comprehensive code updates.**

**APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols.** Determine which codes are payable under OPPS and which codes enable billing using ASC groupings; as well as how to accurately use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.

**DMEPOS icon.** Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.

**In-depth illustrations.** Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with detailed visual references.

**_AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS_ references.** Receive additional support with articles on difficult to code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.

**Color-coded bars and icons.** Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied claims with informative flags signaling Internet Only Manuals (IOM; formerly Pub. 100) references; age and gender edits; quantity alerts; new/deleted/revised code changes and government coverage and rules for each code.

**User-friendly appendixes.** Navigate additional information easily with structured references and excerpts; including a comprehensive drug table; IOM references; acronyms/abbreviations; and modifiers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back